Sunday, November 4, 2012

Contributions are accepted

OK, so now I have my Brazilian Visa. I'm pretty well set. I know my December dates fall in mid-summer, but I'm a Florida person and lightweight and light-colored clothing don't faze me.

We have plane tickets and hotel reservations, we know what we want to see. I put an App on my cell phone, and am now in the process of talking to people about restaurant and attraction recommendations. Yes, we'll be tourists, but we are also travel professionals, so the loudly hyped places may not be on our dance cards, but more of the esotic eateries, sights, could be at the top of the list.

Someone I know, who has traveled most of his life, recommended a restaurant in BA that promises wonderful beef. EVERYONE tells me I have to see Evita's grave, and the music and dance throughout the region are givens.

I don't mean to sound jaded, (but I have been traveling for a long time,) yet going to an unknown destination means I am getting more excited than if I were returning to a favorite overseas destination, (yes, London, I'm talking about you.) So if you have two-cents to contribute (that's figuratively, of course,) have at it.

Rio suggestions are especially welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment